Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Weekend of Fun

This weekend started off with a little celebration of my completion at San Joaquin Valley College. I received a letter in the mail on Friday that stated whether or not I passed my certification exam. Not only did I pass, but my score was a 96%! I was quite surprised, but very pleased. That evening I had my graduation ceremony where I received awards for a 4.0 GPA, Perfect Attendance and AMT Membership. With this being my 3rd graduation for me, I probably wasn't as "excited" as some of those there were, especially since it may be their only degree. It was still fun, however, and I got to enjoy one last goodbye with a few of my classmates.



Then on Saturday it was off to Monterey, CA to celebrate our 1st anniversary! Tom booked us a room that had a fire place in it. Good thing, Monterey isn't exactly known for being a warm area of the coast. It was cloudy, but it wasn't freezing. We spent Saturday exploring Carmel, CA, which is only 5 minutes south of Monterey. We walked the Ocean Ave shops and restaurants and ate dinner at Forge in the Forest. It is a nice restaurant surrounded by ivy and other trees and plants. We sat on the outdoor patio by the large fire pit and listened to live music as we ate fabulous yet affordable food! This place also allows dogs to dine with their owners, but we did not have Payton with us. She would've loved it. We finished the evening with a stroll to the beach and then back to the hotel to eat our anniversary cake. We had it specially made by the same lady that made our wedding cake last year. It was the same type of cake (chocolate and mint filling), and it was just as good as we remembered it! Tom gave me one calla-lilly (representing one year) and a ruby pendant necklace. The ruby is the birthstone for July which is when our baby boy is due. It's beautiful!

Sunday was spent walking throughout Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row. We just did some sight-seeing and then left for home. It was a nice retreat and wonderful time of walking and relaxing, and a great one-year celebration.










2 comments:

Grammy Wass said...

Sounds like fun times! XXXOOO

ma P said...

I saw your anniversary come along on my calendar and with a mixed, "aww darn! I forgot to send a card", and "Gee whiz, that was a great time and a fun and beautiful wedding."
anyway, I had fun getting you something for the boy today.
Thank you for blogging your celebration. I sent it on to the prayer ladies. It will make them smile. God is Goooood.
love, aph

Brooklyn Marion

Brooklyn Marion
Born May 19, 2011

Ryan Thomas

Ryan Thomas
Born July 15, 2009