Saturday, February 7, 2009

Two more weeks!

In two weeks we will have the ultrasound that will determine what our baby is, as long as baby cooperates! Tom and I are getting anxious to know what we're having and I am anxious to start with the naming process. My belly had grown a bit and I am beginning to feel new things. I have not felt the baby move yet, at least, not that I've been able to recognize. The books all say any day now. Right now, at 18 weeks, Cletus is about 5 inches and 5 ounces. The things I do feel are new pressures on the belly, tightness in certain areas (which I think is internal, not my skin yet), and it's really a neat thing to be able to feel my uterus. It's also kind of wierd.

I am heading into week 3 of my internship at Children's Hospital. I've been working in the Plastic and Neurosurgery office, working as a Medical Assistant. I get to assist in some minor procedures, which I really enjoy. It really doesn't freak me out that all I see are babies who have had deformities and have had surgery. I know deformities happen, and I see many cleft palate babies. Most of them have already had their surgeries and are in different stages of recovery. I like it there, but it will end in two weeks. After that, I will start looking for a job. Actually, I already am, but there's not much out there right now, so we'll see!

Stay posted for the next round of ultrasound pics, and the annoucement of our baby boy or our baby girl!

1 comment:

Grammy Wass said...

Finishing up all other projects in the next 2 wks. so I can start in on Cletus's wardrobe. Such fun! Thinking of the young Wassmers as I observe young families at the beach in St. Maartin.Sounds like you are enjoying the internship. Good luck with the job search.

Brooklyn Marion

Brooklyn Marion
Born May 19, 2011

Ryan Thomas

Ryan Thomas
Born July 15, 2009