Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ryan is One Week Old

Here are a few pictures of Ryan we took yesterday at JC Penny. I'm glad we got some formal newborn photos. Enjoy!





One weeks ago today Ryan joined us in this world! I can't believe it's already been a week. Today he weighed in at 7lbs 9oz at the lactation consultation today. All is well in that department, however I wanted reassurance that things were going well and correctly. Right now he has his days and nights mixed up and this makes things exhausting for the both of us. His feeding pattern is very unpredictable right now, so I never know when he's going to be hungry. It's a joy to have this little boy, but it is work as well.
My recovery is going well. Today was the first time I started feeling normal again. Healing isn't complete, but it's well underway. I'm glad it only lasted a few days - the unbearable pain, that is. Now there's new pains as my muscles that haven't had to work start to work again.

3 comments:

Grammy Wass said...

Priceless - I miss him so much already, but appreciate your time together as a little family. Glad to hear he is gaining and that all is going well with the nursing. He is just a growing boy, as well he should be.
XXOO, Grammy

Unknown said...

It is Barb, not Rob! What precious pictures... although as Tom's other mother it is incredible to see him so gently holding his baby...I am so used to seeing him with 2x4s and boat engines!!!
Ryan is so adorable..tell him that his "vice grandma" is in love with him already!!

The Page Family said...

I love these pics they are so sweet! I'm sitting here with Amy and she loves them too! Give him kisses for us! XOXO

Brooklyn Marion

Brooklyn Marion
Born May 19, 2011

Ryan Thomas

Ryan Thomas
Born July 15, 2009