Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Awaiting...

My parents made it into town this past Friday. We've been making ourselves busy by assembling baby items, cleaning and shopping. And now there's not much left to do but wait, which makes it hard to not be anxious. I am still having many Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing worth being concerned over. I am waiting for that first contraction that "hurts." I say that now, and I know I will regret it later, but at least with every painful contraction I am one step closer to welcoming Ryan into the world. Tom and I are ready and are excited to meet our little man.

My tailbone still hurts from my fall last week. It makes it really hard to walk, in all seriousness! At my appointment last week I was 70% effaced and 1 cm dialated. I find out tomorrow if there is any more progression. I will also discuss induction with my midwife because my parents are in town and could quite possibly miss out if I am really late. Tom and I are praying that I don't have to induce - I really don't want to, but I am willing. On top of that, I am truly ready for this baby to come on out! There are many pains associated with being pregnant, and until I have the baby they will remain. I know there are new pains with childbirth, but at least that's the road to recovery!

Our prayers are concentrated on our little one. We are praying for an early arrival, a healthy baby and safe labor. We are also praying for Ryan's little heart - that it would be a heart that comes to know Christ at a young age, a heart of strength and integrity. I have full confidence that Tom will instill many excellent traits into our son, but more importantly we are praying that Ryan's heart would have Christ as number one! We have quite the journey ahead of us with our child, and other future children, but we feel that the Lord has prepared us for this time in our lives.

I look forward to the next post being one of a couple things: my progression from my doctor's appointment, a scheduled induction date, or the birth of our son!

1 comment:

Grammy Wass said...

Looking forward to the results of your doctor visit today. XXOO

Brooklyn Marion

Brooklyn Marion
Born May 19, 2011

Ryan Thomas

Ryan Thomas
Born July 15, 2009