Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Some of Ryan's Firsts

Ryan smiled for the first time on Sun. Aug 30. It was morning, and brought Ryan to Tom to say hello, and when Tom said hello Ryan responded with a huge smile. Unmistakeable. He hasn't smiled since, but it's encouraging to know he's close!

Ryan also went to his first baseball game on Aug. 25 - the Fresno Grizzlies vs. Tacoma Rainiers. He did well, and was a crowd pleaser to those around him.


On Friday Aug. 28th Ryan took his first flight to Denver, CO where Tom and I were looking for houses. Ryan did well, he slept almost the whole way and was such an easy baby to fly with. He also did well on his way home the very next day. Tom and I did put an offer down on a house, and it was accepted! We are going to move to Broomfield, CO in October. And just like that, I'm leaving Fresno. I am very excited to be back in CO and be near family again, but it sad to leave the life I spent a long time establishing here. When I first moved to Fresno I hated it, and it took a while for me to get some roots established, and now that Tom and I have our life here we are moving. It is what's best, but moving is always sad. I will cry - I mean, I cried when I sold my car! Change makes me cry, even if it's good. But now that we'll be homeowners, we can start to build ourselves a true "home."

1 comment:

Grammy Wass said...

Lots of wonderful "firsts", including your first house - so happy to hear the news! What makes a house a "home" is the love within ... and there will be lots of love in your new nest. XXOO

Brooklyn Marion

Brooklyn Marion
Born May 19, 2011

Ryan Thomas

Ryan Thomas
Born July 15, 2009