Sunday, June 21, 2009

Answered Prayer

With 3 weeks left until my due date, things are starting to get done around the house. It's still a slow process because the "nesting" energy hasn't kicked in yet. The nursery is almost complete, and once it is I will be sure to post those photos. One thing we've been praying for is the opportunity to purchase a new car. We only had 2 two-door cars, both of which aren't condusive for a car seat. So we sold the '72 Super Beetle and built up our savings over the past few months. That money was to be used toward a car, whether it be cash for a car on Craigslist, or for a down payment at a dealership.

So Tom and I went to a few dealerships last week just to look at our options. After staring at Craigslist for months and not finding anything suitable, we decided to explore other places. In the end we found a 2006 Ford Escape that came pre-owned certified and still has a warranty. After some "dealership negotations" we walked out of there with that car, lower payments than expected and we didn't have to wipe out our savings! In fact, nothing from our savings was used! I still can't believe it - God is soooo good when He answers prayers like that. God is good either way, but He never ceases to surprise me. Now we have a vehicle that will last us at least a few years, has all-wheel-drive and can fit a child. This is a huge burden off our shoulders.



I have 3 weeks left until my due date! We are praying that Baby comes a little early. Not too early, but it would be nice if my parents get to see him and play with him a little bit before they have to return to work. If I am even a week late, they will miss out. Right now I am waiting for signs of pre-labor. Baby hasn't dropped yet, but I think he might be on his way. I am having more frequent Braxton Hicks, which is good. It literally could be any day now!

1 comment:

ma P said...

It is so much fun to see pictures of answered prayer...the new car, for example.
Now, I'll pass along the request for early delivery.
Michelle McKeehan (your "twin" in Texas) said to give you her best. Her little boy is now 2 months old and a whopping 16 pounds.
It sure is fun to pray for you two girls.
pw

Brooklyn Marion

Brooklyn Marion
Born May 19, 2011

Ryan Thomas

Ryan Thomas
Born July 15, 2009